Sunday, August 1, 2010

Some Like It Hot (1959)



Short blog, have to dash in a few minutes....

Random thought:Who is the most recognized female actress? Marilyn Monroe!

I kept away from watching Marilyn Monroe movies for a very long time. Something about huge house hold celebrities repels me. I can either follow the crowds adoration or skim the edges once more. Sometimes having a huge celebrity in a movie ruins it completely. I remember trying to watch an Elvis Presley movie and I absolutely hated it. I don't even remember what it was.

Boredom and procrastination from studying compelled me to watch the movie. Dang it, I was hooked. I'm not entirely completely hooked on Monroe yet since this is the first Monroe movie I've watched but I won't be so reluctant now.

Monroe is such a huge sex symbol that I was completely surprised to see her in a comedic role. The movie is actually not really about her, even though she steals the whole movie once she comes in.

There are two men who witnesses a crime. In order to run from the villains, they cross dress and mingle into a traveling band where Monroe is a member. There ensures fun, silliness, and a bit of sexiness.

It's not an over the top comedy but it's the kind of comedy that is fulfilling and satisfying. Monroe's voice kinda irritated me a bit in the beginning but I got used to it.

I actually enjoyed watching the antics of the men as played Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis. They made some very adoring women...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love comedic sex symbols